About Your Instructor
So you want to know, How to start a business?
Are you ready?
- You see things on the Internet.
- You see people on social media and see their lifestyle and you say I want that lifestyle. I want a fancy car and I want a big house.
- You think to yourself they all have businesses, so I’m going to start a business just like them.
Do you think you are ready to start a business?
Here are 4 things that you must have right now if you want to start a business and if you don’t have these, you are not ready quite yet to start a business.
- You need money.
- You need money coming in every week…every month.
- You probably will be waiting a lot longer than you think before your business is making money.
- It takes time and money to start a business.
- As an employee, you make money every week or every two weeks…
- As an entrepreneur, you may not make any money for 6 months or maybe more than a year.
- You need to be ready for that.
I know many people who left their job and started a business thinking that they would be able to replace the income from their job within a few months. You may know one of them. He left his job thinking that he would be able to make money within a few months. He put everything he had into his business and guess what, it was not until 3 years later that Uncle G was finally making money. Yes, Grant Cardone.
- You need to eat.
- You need to pay your utility bills.
- You need to have cashflow to cover your personal expenses if you want to start a business.
2. You need to know what you are doing
Don’t start a business because you think it is going to make you money.
You need to know the business you want to be successful in the business.
You don’t have to be an expert, but you should be striving to be an expert. After all who is going to follow someone who does not know what they are doing?
How could you start a real estate business if you know nothing about real estate?
Just because someone else is doing something and is having success, does not mean what they are doing is what you should be doing as a business.
- You need to learn the industry.
- Learn about the ups and the downs.
- Learn the ins and outs.
- Learn the processes.
- You need to be in it to win it!
I have been a successful real estate investor for the past 16 years, wholesaling, rehabbing, and more and if real estate is of interest to you, Rock Star Mastery has many ways that we may be able to help you on your journey to having success as a real estate investor. You can click the website in the description below and see all that we have to offer.
Know what you are doing or you are not ready to start a business.
3. Be ready to fail!
You will fail.
Yes, you heard it right, you will fail.
Ok, you will have success along the way, but are you ready to hear no over and over and over?…because that will happen.
Are you ready to be in debt and have bill collectors calling? because that will happen.
Are you ready to have just enough to pay the company bills, but not enough to pay your bills? You will get paid last…it will happen.
If you are not ready to invite failure into your life, you are not ready to start a business.
I remember hearing a successful business owner tell an audience:
“If you have not been sued, you are not doing anything. You are not getting attention.”
At first glance you may think, what is he talking about…no one wants to get sued…getting sued means you did something wrong…
If I am working my butt off, I don’t want to get sued…
Not necessarily…what he meant was that when you are working your business, doing what you need to do to grow your business and you are having more and more success you start to get noticed by people and other competitors take notice as well. If people start choosing your business over a competitor’s business a lot of times they will sue you for something that may not even be there, but it happens.
It is a poverty mindset that drives some companies to sue a competitor who has begun to take some of their business away, instead of them just going out and working to get more business.
You need to be prepared to fail!
4. Don’t start a business if you are not ready to sell!
- You have to be a salesman.
- You may have been brought up thinking that a salesman was cheezy or sleazy.
- You may have been told you don’t need to be good at sales.
Well, I am telling you that is way off!
Unless you want to do this on your own, which would be stupid to start a business on your own…that is another topic for another day… You must be able to sell it.
- You must be able to sell your business idea to somebody.
- You must be able to sell yourself to your clients.
- You must be able to sell yourself to your investors.
- You must be able to sell your vision to a board or to the bank.
- You must be able to sell your wife on the idea of leaving a secure job and starting a business.
- You must be able to sell your product or services to your clients.
Am I making myself clear?
If you can not sell, you are not ready to start a business!
However, if you have all of these skills and you feel you are ready to start a business…I congratulate you and I would love to see how we can help you on your journey to success.
If you are ready to take the next step and go deeper into getting your business started, go ahead and schedule a consultation call or scroll down and check out my business courses. See how Rock Star Mastery can work with you.